The first time I cook carbonara was all time favorite. They requested carbonara for any occasion. I know all carbonara recipes are best but, mine is the greatest! I use best butter by Magnolia as an oil and seasoning, put some basil leaves and pepper.
I used different type of pasta in cooking carbonara, the popular is the fusilli, spaghetti and fettuccine. Cooking carbonara needed improvement to people’s taste especially if they have strong taste or have this salty taste. Carbonara is cooked lightly and it will depends on the bacon to create saltiness.
Why they called it Carbonara?
“As the name is derived from carbonaro (the Italian word for charcoal burner), some believe the dish was first made as a hearty meal for Italian charcoal workers. The etymology gave rise to the term “coal miner’s spaghetti”, which is used to refer to spaghetti alla carbonara in parts of the United States. It has even been suggested that it was created by, or as a tribute to, the Carbonari (“charcoalmen”), a secret society prominent in the unification of Italy” – Wikipedia
Here are the different type of pasta I know:
Carbonara Fusilli in Bacon and Mushroom
- Fine chop of garlic and onion
- 122.5 ml of nestle milk fortified
- 1/2 whole Magnolia butter
- Chopped straw mushroom
- 2 cans of Campbell cream of mushroom
- Chopped 125 grams of bacon
- Pasta Fusilli 250 grams
- In a medium caserrole, boil the Pasta Fusilli in a medium heat with a pinch salt and 1 tablespoon of any regular cooking oil. Stir occasionally if it comes to boil. Leave it for 10 minutes and drain it when it is good to serve.
- In a medium pan melt the butter. Stir the onion and garlic with mushroom in a pan. Pour the cream of mushroom. Stir constantly. Add some pepper.